A resourceful bunch of creators, connectors and innovators drive our vision.
Through the arts and the joy of bhangra, VIBC connects with cultures and communities to promote and appreciate our diversity.
- Anita Lal - Executive Director
- Nicole Sirockman - General Manager
- Tarun Nayar - Artistic Director
- James Ong - Production Manager
- Roberto Cruz - Graphic Designer
- Satwinder Gill - Volunteer Coordinator
Our Board of Directors are elected for two-year terms. Their role is to champion our vision, govern the organization and secure adequate resources for operations.Board of Directors
- Kiran Dhaliwal - Chair
- Manpal Rana - Vice-Chair
- Kiran Mander - Past Chair
- Simran Bhatti - Treasurer
- Arsh Dhillon - Secretary
- Mandeep Patrola
- Milan Singh
- Raj Arneja
- Sukhi Ghuman
These amazing individuals provide guidance, feedback and champion for our cause in the community. Their knowledge and guidance continue to contribute to the success of the organization.
- Branislav Henselmann - Executive Director, Ballet BC
- David Pay - Artistic Director, Music on Main
- Howard Jang - Professor of Professional Practice, Simon Fraser University
- Nancy Noble - CEO, Museum of Vancouver
- Norman Armour - Artistic and Executive Director, PuSh Festival
- Sandy Garossino - Community Advocate, Editor-in-Chief Vancouver Observer
Mo Dhaliwal originally started VIBC as a partnership between friends, Alan Gill and Robin Rathor. While planning and producing the first event, Mo had the vision to start a not-for-profit society to bring about change to the community. Within a few months, some of the earliest recruits joined the team, including Joti Dhesi and Sukhi Ghuman.
Senator Yonah Martin (pictured in the middle) has been VIBC's Honourary Patron since 2008. Throughout the year, Senator Martin acts as an ambassador for VIBC and our festival. She welcomes our guests and helps spread the message of #BhangraLove.